Tuesday, January 18, 2011

FUNDRAISING. [dundundun....]

by Eric

First, did the dramatic and scary (and written) sound effect joke land? No? Okay then

Second, one of my areas of focus on my internship has been the youth of the church. They have expressed a desire to continue a tradition of a summer trip, and I have taken on that challenge/opportunity. I'll post details about the trip some other time, but right now, we're dreaming up some ways to offset the cost of the trip. Yes, I'm talkin' 'bout fundraising [shut your mouth!]

As of now, we're doing a scaled-down version of "144 envelopes" and a brunch/silent auction. My pastor father-in-law has been a great help, as have a few other colleagues. We had a little session during our internship retreat on fundraising, but I wonder--what do you think (that is, if people read this)? How do you approach fundraising, especially regarding the youth of the church? And...any specific ideas?

1 Comments:

Anonymous cursuri machiaj said...

Hello. I don’t know if my idea will be of any help, but let’s see. You could organize a fundraising evening where people could come and enjoy a “mini-show” put on by the choir. After that, people will be invited to donate in order for the children to go on a summer trip. Good luck!

1/21/2011 07:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home